The domestic equity market witnessed a sudden bout of optimism during the week gone by, as hopes of tax relaxation on equities cheered the Street. Investors ramped up stock buying but this indeed poses a risk in the short term, as such tax reductions are unlikely to happen immediately. Even if they do happen, it will be in the Union Budget for 2020-21. Since the run-up in the market was too fast within a short span of days, there is every likelihood of a swift correction in the near term. The government has already reached 92.6 per cent of its budgeted estimates for India’s fiscal deficit in 2019-20. Therefore, the next six months will certainly be challenging for our bureaucrats to raise timely resources. It is quite likely that a massive amount of government divestment along with asset monetisation might impact the secondary market. Positive sentiment in the market may reverse quickly near the highs of the market. Warren Buffett has rightly said that as an investor, it is wise to be ‘Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.’ Hence, jumping the gun at such overbought levels is not a wise idea as Mr Market always… Read full this story
- BlackRock, Capital Group and Pimco fund managers list biggest risks for markets
- Market is in extreme panic, it is like early 2009 or 2003: Vikas Khemani
- Here Are the Non-Impeachment Reasons the Stock Market Has Been Falling
- Reverse mortgages: the Rodney Dangerfield of retirement
- Pharma companies want it KEPT secret… But Here’s How to Normalize High Blood sugar and Reverse type 2 Diabetes without chemical drugs or insulin injections!
- Home buyers beware, as estate agents try to double-charge
- New Eye treatment Remedy Helps Patients Reverse Glaucoma, Cataract, Myopia and Improves Vision without surgery or eyedrops
- SNP votes for Scotland to quickly adopt new currency if it leaves UK
- The brilliant Pret a Manger marketing con we want to fall for
- BMW CEO Steps Down After a Too-Cautious Strategy Loses Market Share
Beware! Market may reverse quickly: Don’t be aggressive, remain cautious have 325 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.