Defence Minister Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich (sixth, right) and other officials pose for a photo at the 6th ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus in Bangkok on November 18 (Photo: VNA) Bangkok (VNA) – The ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM) Plus opened in Bangkok, Thailand on November 18 under the chair of Thai Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan. The Vietnamese delegation to the event was led by Defence Minister Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich. Addressing the event, the Thai Deputy PM thanked ASEAN and its partners for supporting Thailand to perform the role as the Chair of ASEAN in 2019 as well as ADMM and ADMM Plus. Ministers are scheduled to discuss seven topics related to security, including humanitarian relief and natural disaster mitigation, maritime security, military medical services, anti-terrorism, peacekeeping, bomb and mine clearance campaigns for humanitarian purposes and cybersecurity. Concluding the event, a ceremony will be held to hand over the role of the ADMM Chair from Thailand to Vietnam./. VNA
- Border security matters -- Senate Republicans must not go south on Trump's national emergency declaration
- When an American president undermines national security
- Schiff hires ex-National Security Council staff for panel
- Huawei Security ‘Defects’ Are Found by British Authorities
- Trump huddles with national security officials at Pentagon as North Korea threatens to end nuclear talks
- Transcript: David Charney talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- ‘Homeland Security’ Ignores White Terror, DHS Veterans Say
- Trump's emergency declaration is a threat to American security
- Anti-Iran Message Seeps Into Trump Forum Billed as Focusing on Mideast Security
- Released NYPD emails show extensive surveillance of Black Lives Matter protesters
ADMM Plus focuses on security matters have 253 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.