Qualcomm Future of 5G workshop The Qualcomm Future of 5G workshop took place in the US on September 24-25, to discuss the 5G evolution ahead. The event, which attracted hundreds of journalists and analysts from the world, including those from VIR, focused on 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT). Dr James H. Thompson, executive vice president, Engineering & CTO Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., said that 2019 is the year of 5G – and 2020 will be the year of expansion. In the six months of 2019, mobile operators in North America, Italy, Australia, South Korea, Germany, China, Switzerland, Spain, and others launched 5G services, while many others in Japan, China, and Russia are planning to make a similar launch soon. Qualcomm says it is seeing new 5G NR devices and networks being launched at a rapid rate – significantly faster and more globally than LTE during its first year of commercial deployment. But this is just the beginning. Next year, it expects to see 5G proliferating to more smartphone tiers and reaching more consumers, expanding to new global markets and device classes like the always-connected PC. On the network side, 5G coverage in both sub-6 GHz and mmWave will continue… Read full this story
- Huawei will launch a 5G foldable smartphone in mid-2019
- EE launches the first 5G network trial in Canary Wharf
- What is 5G and when will it launch in the UK?
- Vodafone shows how 5G could be used to make live holographic calls
- 5G rollout will accelerate Cov's driverless car revolution
- India’s 5G Rollout Not to Have Chinese Firms Participating Amid Spying Concerns
- Motorola launched moto 3z, first smartphone 5G compatible
- Motorola launches moto 3z, first smartphone 5G compatible
- Sameh Yamany, Viavi, at IMWorld 2018: 3G technology will disappear in 3 years!
- Vodafone is ‘ready’ for 5G phone speeds – and proves it with HOLOGRAM phone call to England captain Steph Houghton
5G to proliferate to more smartphone tiers, device classes next year have 303 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.