Advertisement If you’re the owner of a new digital SLR or mirrorless camera you can improve your photography instantly by using different photo lenses.However, while there’s an almost endless supply of options to buy, it isn’t always obvious what lens to use to get the shot you want.Here are five common camera lenses, what they’re good for, and when you should use them.What Lens to Use: The BasicsBefore we get into the different kinds of photo lenses, it pays to know a bit about what makes them so different.Lenses are differentiated by their focal length, which shows how wide or zoomed-in they are. The focal length is measured in millimeters, and is either a fixed length, like 35mm, or a zoom range like 50-200mm.The focal length is essentially the zoom level of the lens. A 300mm lens will make far-away subjects appear a lot closer than a 24mm lens. You can use a lens simulator Buying a Camera Lens? Use These Lens Simulators First to Test Them Out Buying a Camera Lens? Use These Lens Simulators First to Test Them Out Canon and Nikon both have online lens simulators that can help you find the exact lens you need. Read… Read full this story
- How Photography Works: Cameras, Lenses, and More Explained
- The Best Camera Lenses for Landscape Photography
- Blackmagic designed its new Pocket Cinema Camera around 4K video
- Stanford Researchers Build AI Directly Into Camera Optics
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 camera review
- Will Phones Soon Finish Off the Camera Market?
- LG V40 review — five cameras can’t make up for iterative hardware
- LG V40 review — even 5 cameras can’t spice up a boring phone
- LG V40 ThinQ: How 5 Cameras Push the Bounds of Phone Photography
- OpenCamera: Open Source Camera App for Android
5 Common Camera Lenses and When to Use Them have 294 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.