By AFP More by this Author AccraAs Greta Thunberg and the Extinction Rebellion inspire climate protesters across the globe, young African activists say they still struggle to make themselves heard.”No continent will be struck as severely by the impacts of climate change as Africa,” the United Nations Environment Programme said as it warned of increased flooding, widespread food insecurity and major economic losses.But awareness remains low and a study from research institute Afrobarometer in August said that four in 10 Africans have never heard of climate change.At the Climate Chance conference in Ghana’s capital Accra this week hundreds of campaigners, local government officials and business people from across the continent sought a way forward.Togolese activist Kevin Ossah, 22, led a mock United Nations debate that pitched participants playing the role of major polluters like the United States against those set to bear the biggest burden of the crisis. Also Read 17 dead in Niger camp assault Algeria presidential vote faces brick wall Al-Shabaab kill 5 at Mogadishu hotel Algeria ex-PMs get heavy jail terms Advertisement He said he admires the huge crowds taking to the streets from Sydney to Stockholm, but in his West African homeland — ruled by an… Read full this story
- Donald Trump mocked Greta Thunberg over Time's Person of the Year announcement — so the teen climate activist fired back
- ‘Chill Greta, Chill’: Trump ‘advises’ climate activist to go to movie with friend
- Netizens Applaud As Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Becomes Youngest Time Person Of The Year
- Talk is just more hot air as emissions keep rising, climate activists tell politicians
- Talk is just more hot air as emissions keep rising, climate activists warn politicians
- Trump criticizes teen climate activist after magazine honor
- Dozens arrested as climate activists block traffic throughout Washington, D.C.
- Greta Thunberg and youth climate activists protest outside White House
- Trump mocks teen climate activist Thunberg: 'Chill Greta, Chill'
- Trump again mocks teen climate activist Greta Thunberg
Young climate activists in Africa struggle to be heard have 317 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at October 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.