A young woman who managed to buy her first home at just 19 has explained how she turned her dream into a reality, despite having minimal savings. Apprentice, Megan Stafford, bought a two-bed townhouse in Rushcliffe, Nottingham, in April – but she says she stumbled onto the opportunity by accident. At the time, she was working at estate agent Royston and Lund, where she found out about shared ownership – a scheme that allows you to get on the property ladder by buying just 25% of a home – which you can then extend by ‘staircasing’. The property set her and partner Dale Dickinson back £180,000 – and she says it’s a dream come true. After leaving college, Megan started researching apprenticeship schemes where she first got a job at the property company. Whilst completing her apprenticeship, she became familiar with the process of buying a house where she discovered shared ownership. Shared ownership is a Government-backed scheme that allows you can buy between a quarter and three-quarters of a property instead of the full amount. You then rent the rest at a reduced rate – and since launching, it’s been hugely popular for struggling first-time buyers. In short, you… Read full this story
- God is A Black Woman, J.K. Rowling Tells Twitter
- US woman kidnapped in Afghanistan tells court how she escaped ex-husband
- Microsoft's cheaper, lower-spec VR initiative Mixed Reality launches October 17th
- Mum died with broken heart after 21-year-old son killed when thief set house on fire
- Video: Is House Flipper dirtier than my real house?
- 100 op-eds that tell the story of the 2010s
- 'Persimmon prayed on first-time buyers': Angry residents of new-build estate describe the 'hell' of purchasing their dream homes and claim they were 'tricked into signing 999 year lease'
- Are you dreaming of a VERY white Christmas? That's the impossibly immaculate vision espoused by The White Company catalogue. But is it remotely practical? Yes, insists its founder Chrissie Rucker. And here's how...
- Check out this Adelaide woman’s amazing organised pantry
- Sydney’s best homes of 2019: The Wentworth Courier top five houses
Woman who bought a house at 19 tells how she made her dream a reality have 334 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.