That phone call between Trump and Zelensky is at the heart of the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, following a whistleblower complaint alleging that Trump had solicited foreign interference to dig up information on a political rival and the White House tried to cover it up. Vindman could be subpoenaed before he appears, as the committees have issued subpoenas to the current administration officials who have testified this far. Yet it remains unclear if he will show up Tuesday. The uncertainty around whether Vindman will appear for his scheduled deposition has only increased after former deputy national security adviser Charles Kupperman, who was listening to Trump’s July 25 call with Zelensky, failed to comply with a subpoena Monday. Kupperman threw a new wrench into the Democratic impeachment investigation on Friday when he filed a lawsuit asking a judge to rule whether he had to comply with the House subpoena, pointing to the White House’s stance that the inquiry is illegitimate. Kupperman’s attorney, Charles Cooper, argued that his client was caught between competing demands from the executive and legislative branches and needed the courts to rule before he would testify. Hours after Kupperman was a no-show, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the… Read full this story
- Curt Schilling rips White House for reaction to Chattanooga attack, Donald Trump for McCain comments
- White House press secretary calls Jemele Hill’s Trump comments a 'fireable offense'
- What likely 2016 White House contenders are saying about possible campaigns
- Analysis: After Mueller's first charges, the White House braces for the next ones
- NJ native Kellyanne Conway named White House counselor
- At White House, Kasich stumps for Obama trade deal, takes dig at Trump
- 'White House Down': Movie review
- White House defends Steve Bannon’s role on National Security Council
- President Trump, Republicans get jump on 2020 White House race
- White House calls Corker's remarks about Trump's competence to lead 'ridiculous'
White House Ukraine expert expected to testify about possible knowledge of Trump-Zelensky call have 305 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.