The World Bank (WB) had assessed hazardous solid waste management in Vietnam with the focus on urban areas. The WB is always willing to assist Vietnam in climate change response and environmental protection, Benoit Bosquet, the WB’s regional director for sustainable development in East Asia and Pacific, said at a meeting with Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Le Cong Thanh in Hanoi on December 9. At the meeting, Benoit Bosquet praised the Vietnamese government for taking practical actions in climate change adaptation and environmental protection, adding that he believed the government and especially the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) will achieve the targets. Currently, as the WB is assisting the MONRE in developing a project named “Renewing Vietnam’s national water governance”, Benoit Bosquet stressed that he would do his utmost so that the project could be successfully concluded at the soonest possible. Regarding environmental management and protection, Benoit Bosquet said that the WB had assessed hazardous solid waste management in Vietnam with the focus on urban areas. Besides, the WB had made a number of recommendations for Vietnam in the next phase, aiming at a building a modern, integrated and sustainable solid waste management system with… Read full this story
- Will we survive climate change? Are we doomed?
- Unprecedented drought in an artificial ecosystem may reveal how rainforests will cope with climate change
- Coordinator: UN will support Vietnam in approving anti-torture convention
- Hanoi’s religious followers join hands in environmental protection
- Scott Pruitt Wants Some Kind of Strange Climate Change Showdown
- Scientists Warn Climate Change Could Bring the Dust Bowl Back Out of the History Books
- Trump touts environmental policies, but says nothing of climate change
- Business community asked to pay attention to environmental protection
- Coalition inaction on climate change and health is risking Australian lives, global report finds
- Climate Change Is Already Making Us Sick
WB willing to support Vietnam in climate change response and environmental protection have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.