With help from Michael Stratford and Lauraine Genota Editor’s Note: This edition of Morning Education is published weekdays at 10 a.m. POLITICO Pro Education subscribers hold exclusive early access to the newsletter each morning at 6 a.m. Learn more about POLITICO Pro’s comprehensive policy intelligence coverage, policy tools and services at politicopro.com. — Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s K-12 education plan is winning praise from unions while drawing a backlash from Democrats who support charter schools, a target of her proposal.— Former Corinthian Colleges students urged a federal judge to declare Education Secretary Betsy DeVos in contempt and impose a range of sanctions, including a potential fine of $500 per day until her agency comes into “full compliance” with a court order.— Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot called on the Chicago Teachers Union to return to work as bargaining continues. But her letter frustrated union members, who had been reporting progress, and Chicago Public Schools canceled classes for a fourth day. IT’S TUESDAY, OCT. 22. WELCOME TO MORNING EDUCATION. Got news to share? Drop me a line at [email protected] Share event listings: [email protected] And follow us on Twitter: @Morning_Edu and @POLITICOPro. CHARTER ADVOCATES BLAST WARREN’S PLAN: While drawing praise from teachers unions, Warren’s… Read full this story
- After 24 years, Washington state charter school law stands
- Charter schools, despite ongoing legal questions, attract the families they hoped to get
- Candidates for top education office have concerns about charter schools
- Lack Of Charter School Accountability Was Baked Into the System From the Start
- Advocates worry: Is Gov. Murphy imposing 'stealth moratorium' on N.J. charter schools?
- Colorado Springs charter school roundup: Three new ones open, others expand, improve programs
- Colorado Springs charter school roundup: 3 new ones open, others expand, improve programs
- Washington’s Supreme Court rules charter schools can continue to receive funding
- NJ Politics Digest: Is State Running a ‘Stealth Moratorium’ on Charter Schools?
- What’s next for Washington state charter schools and their opponents?
Warren’s K-12 plan draws ire of charter school advocates have 323 words, post on www.politico.com at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.