– The 13th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Customs Directors-General and Commissioners Meeting is scheduled to take place in
from October 9-10.
The information was revealed by Deputy General Director of the General Department of Vietnam Customs Mai Xuan Thanh at a press briefing in Hanoi on October 3.
The meeting aims to fulfill Vietnam’s membership obligations within the framework of ASEM, Thanh said.
It is expected to witness the participation of 53 delegations led by directors-general and commissioners of customs agencies of ASEM member countries as well as Secretary General of the World Customs Organisation (WCO), and representatives of the European Union and embassies of ASEM member countries in Vietnam.
In 2018-2019, ASEM customs cooperation focus on four priorities which were adopted at the 12th meeting in 2017 in Germany, namely trade facilitation and supply chain security, fight against counterfeit goods and enforcement of intellectual property rights, social and environmental protection, and community connectivity and ASEM vision.
At this year’s event, the participants will deliberate these priorities to build specific action programmes to include in the ASEM customs action plan for 2020-2021.
The plan will cover facilitating trade and customs procedures, implementing one-stop-shop mechanism, controlling customs effectively using high technology, promoting green customs campaign to prevent illegal transportation of scrap and waste, strengthening coordination to prevent counterfeit and pirated goods, enforcing intellectual property rights at border areas, connecting ASEM through information sharing, and promoting ASEM cooperation in transit operations and customs management for e-commerce.
The Ha Long Declaration will illustrate commitments of the ASEM Customs Directors-General about goals and cooperation priorities in the future as well as the ASEM customs action plan for 2020-2021./.
- Strata-X Announces Results of Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders and Director Resignation
- New Permanent Representative of Kenya presents Credentials to the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva
- Elevate to host Friday night suicide prevention meetings
- SC utility’s board members face removal as more than 1,300 customers swarm meeting
- the dti to Host Export Council Quarterly Meeting in Pretoria
- Director Melendez’s Opening Remarks to the 2018 Long-Term Stewardship Conference
- South Africa: Special Investigating Unit (SIU) to Host a Consultative Stakeholder Engagement Forum in Durban
- South Africa : Committee Hosts Two-Day Colloquium on Captive Lion Breeding for Hunting
- 'Great New England Marijuana Accessories Swap Meet' coming to Holyoke
- 1,400+ electric customers overwhelmingly vote to fire embattled co-op board