Lao students join Vietnamese eloquent contest The teams’ representatives pose for a group photo A Vietnamese eloquent contest for Lao students in Vietnam’s central region took place in Thua Thien-Hue province on October 18. The event, co-held by the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the Vietnam-Lao Friendship Association Central Committee, saw the participation of 16 teams. In seven minutes, each of the contestants shared their understanding about Vietnam, the country’s people and culture, along with memories during their stay. A team of the Vinh University of Technology Education in the north-central province of Nghe An claimed the first prize, followed by those of the Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and Hong Duc University. Addressing the event, Deputy Director General of the International Cooperation Department under the MoET Nguyen Hai Thanh said Vietnam and Laos have nurtured a traditional friendship and cooperation over the years, especially in education and training. The number of Lao students in Vietnam has been on the constant rise, surging from about 5,000 in 2011 to more than 16,000 this year. Of the figure, over 5,000 are studying in Vietnam’s central region./. Japanese-funded project to help Ben Tre manage water resources The Mekong Delta… Read full this story
- US extends support to Afghan-Taliban peace talks
- 1968 Exhibit Looks Back at Tumultuous Year in US
- ‘We think of them as cash cows.’ International students want to immigrate, but colleges, employers want to boost their bottom lines
- Putin fury: Russia opens fire on North Korean boat and arrests 21 as clashes escalate
- Why this $35 billion private equity firm is still bullish on China — despite the trade war
- Majority of white Americans believe discrimination against whites exists, poll finds
- At defense bill signing, Donald Trump praises Martha McSally, but not John McCain
- 5 takeaways from Sen. John McCain's new memoir, 'The Restless Wave'
- Getting through college with finances intact isn't easy. Here's how a UW campus helps students manage
- Stingl: Dad spent Christmas '98 with a child in the hospital, and now he is Santa for the kids
VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES TODAY have 329 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.