The Vietnamese Foreign Ministry’s spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Once again, Vietnam demands China to immediately stop its violations, withdraw its survey vessel group Haiyang Dizhi 8 from Vietnam’s territorial waters and not to repeat similar actions, the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry’s spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang said. Hang made the statement at a regular press conference in Hanoi on October 3 while answering reporters’ queries about the return of Haiyang Dizhi 8 to Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf, and its countermeasures. She cited information from Vietnamese competent agencies as saying that the vessel group has continued to expand its operations in Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf, seriously violating Vietnam’s sovereign right and jurisdiction as defined in the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of which both Vietnam and China are members. Vietnam resolutely opposes the action and has made contact with the Chinese side, Hang said. “Vietnam determinedly protects its sovereignty and legal interests in the East Sea through measures in line with international law,” she affirmed. Regarding the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Geng Shuang’s statement on September 18, Hang said Vietnam’s stance on this issue was clearly stated by… Read full this story
- Vietnam president stresses vigilance of sovereignty protection
- Vietnam owns convincing evidence of sovereignty in East Sea
- Vietnam owns convincing evidence of sovereignty in East Sea: Russian expert
- Global and China Throttling Stop And Vent Valve Market 2016: Industry Trends and Analysis to 2021
- Merkel tells Erdogan to IMMEDIATELY stop Syrian op – but why should he care what Europe says?
- Biden Campaign Demands US Media Stop Booking ‘Unhinged’ Giuliani
- Kurdish Canadians demand U.S. stop Turkish Invasion of Syria
- U.S. State Department says concerned by reports of Chinese interference in East Vietnam Sea
- Hanoi raps Beijing’s military drills in East Vietnam Sea
- South China Sea crisis: Vietnam pulls Abominable film over depiction of flashpoint area
Vietnam demands China to immediately stop sovereignty violations have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.