Peacekeeping forces of Vietnam and the United Nations in South Sudan. Source: peacekeeping.un.org Becoming a member of the United Nations in 1977 and already having sat on the UNSC as a non-permanent member for the 2008-2009 tenure, Vietnam has been a very consistent supporter of multilateralism which is what the UN stands for. Over the last years, Vietnam has been taking active part in the common work of the international community, filling in increasingly important positions. In 2008-2009, Vietnam proved to be a responsible nation agreeing on sensitive issues with partners. “Vietnam lived up to its important role, contributed to the UNSC’s landmark resolution on women, peace, and security,” Komal Malhotra, UN resident co-ordinator in Vietnam, told VIR. According to Komal, Vietnam has a solid commitment to continue to increase its role in global peacekeeping. Vietnam has also participated in the work of the UN Human Rights Council in 2014-2016. By the end of last year, Vietnam was elected to the UNCITRAL – the UN Commission on International Trade Law – which once again is a new role for a six-year term, starting this year. “This shows Vietnam’s commitment to integration, particularly trade integration, and following international law in trade… Read full this story
- The United Nation's Historic Failure in Myanmar
- The Model United Nations - A Teacher's Guide
- White Domestic Terrorism as a National Security Threat Presents Challenges for 2020 Presidential Candidates
- Install a Home Security System For Total Home Protection
- Vietnam, Cuba hold fifth political consultation
- The National Disaster Medical System, Can it Respond to a Major Southern California Earthquake?
- Home Security Alarms - 2 Best Services Ashore!
- Is it Practical to Install a Security System in an Apartment?
- Security Devices Now on the Market
- Why College Students Value Self Storage Units
Vietnam could be valuable addition to United Nations Security Council have 287 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.