* Minister announces controls after attacks in June, August * Sweden welcomes move, considering more border surveillance (Adds quotes, details) COPENHAGEN, Oct 10 (Reuters) – Denmark is to impose temporary border controls at the Swedish border next month, after Swedes were suspected of being behind a number of serious attacks this year in the Danish capital Copenhagen, the justice minister said on Thursday. Sweden, which itself has had controls at the border since 2015 to try to stop asylum seekers from entering the country, welcomed the move. Denmark is connected to Sweden via the Oresund bridge across a 16 km (10-mile) strait. Thousands of citizens commute across the border daily. Two Swedish nationals are currently in custody in Denmark suspected of involvement in an explosion outside the Danish Tax Agency in August. Five Swedes are also in custody in Denmark on suspicion of carrying out two killings in a Copenhagen suburb in June. They have yet to be formally charged. August’s attack prompted Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen to say at the time that she considered strengthening controls at its border with Sweden. “To counter the threat of serious cross-border crime, we are now strengthening the protection of the border… Read full this story
- Denmark temporarily reinstates border controls after shootings, explosions
- Former Swedish PM Attacks Denmark's Border Controls: 'Completely Fatal, Will Create War'
- ‘What’s Going On?’ – BBC Wakes Up to Sweden Bombing Epidemic Years After Breitbart
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Sweden Democrats Leader Jimmie Åkesson Talks To Breitbart London From Brussels ‘No Go Zone’ Molenbeek
- KASSAM: What I Saw in Sweden Last Week is Not ‘Normal’ And Trump is Right
- Paris terror attacks: Three teams attack city in bloodbath
- Blow to Schengen as Austria Refuses to Re-Open German Border
- Sweden’s FM to tour Mideast to relaunch Yemen talks
- ASOS billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen loses three children in Easter Sunday terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka
- Police in Hong Kong seize back control of Parliament building after firing tear gas at protesters who stormed the chamber and daubed anti-China slogans on the walls
UPDATE 1-Denmark sets up temporary border control with Sweden after attacks have 329 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.