The Vietnamese woman who texted her mother as the refrigerated container carrying her and 38 others ran out of air had been deported from Britain days earlier and was trying to return, her family claimed today. Pham Tra My, 26, has not been in contact with anyone back home after sending a final horrifying message as she crossed from Zeebrugge, Belgium, to Purfleet, Essex, saying: ‘I can’t breathe. Mum, I’m very sorry.’ She was trafficked to Britain for £30,000 after her parents, who earn around £300-a-month, had the debt added to their mortgage – and now her brother has claimed that her fateful journey across the North Sea was her second crossing. He told the Vietnamese press: ‘She was arrested a few days ago [in Britain] and they returned her to France. Now we heard she might have died’. Pham had been promised she would travel by car or plane to Britain and was charged for the ‘VIP’ route – but instead the young woman is feared to have frozen to death inside the cargo container after sending her parents a horrifying series of messages, saying: ‘I’m dying.’ Her father Pham Van Thin said: ‘We tried to talk her out of it because… Read full this story
- Parents of the UK teen killed in a crash with a US diplomat's wife said Trump 'ambushed' them with an offer to meet her in a photo op
- How climate change is pushing Central American migrants to the US
- Harry Dunn's parents say Donald Trump asked them 'THREE times' to meet their son's 'killer' Anne Sacoolas in the White House to 'get some HEALING' - but they refused in hope she will face justice in UK
- Boris Johnson denies he told Donald Trump to set up surprise meeting between Harry Dunn's family and his 'killer' Ann Sacoolas - despite US President's claims
- The Glasgow effect: 'We die young here - but you just get on with it'
- British family detained in the US after 'accidentally' crossing border from Canada will be released within a day as American authorities insist their actions were 'illegal and deliberate' after they were refused entry
- Houston girl, 15, takes her own life after she was rescued from a sex trafficking ring but wanted to return to her captor 'who got her addicted to drugs'
- 'We’ll prove our daughter was poisoned': Family of Berlusconi’s Bunga Bunga party model who was the star witness in Italian PM’s bribery trial before she died in agony demand new post-mortem to establish the truth
- Remains of Captain Matthew Flinders - the man credited with naming Australia - will be reburied in his home village after being found in London during HS2 dig
- POLITICO Playbook: Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings dies
Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip have 448 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.