Welcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. Happy Thursday! Our newsletter gets you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the up-early co-creators. Find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and CLICK HERE to subscribe!*** BREAKING — Rep. Elijah CummingsElijah Eugene CummingsBrindisi, Lamb recommended for Armed Services, Transportation Committees Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, Elijah Cummings’s widow, will run for his House seat Former NAACP president to run for Cummings’s House seat MORE (D-Md.), who served 12 terms in Congress and chaired the House Oversight and Reform Committee, died early this morning at Johns Hopkins Hospital due to complications from underlying health issues, according to his staff (The Hill and The Baltimore Sun). Cummings was 68. Former President Bill ClintonWilliam (Bill) Jefferson ClintonGOP senators balk at lengthy impeachment trial Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Harris lead Trump in Georgia: Poll Keep your eye on essential facts in the unfolding impeachment circus MORE once heaped praise on the congressman while visiting Cummings’ beloved city of Baltimore, “I was here about 10 minutes and I realized how Elijah got to Congress,” Clinton said fondly in 1998. ***President TrumpDonald John TrumpGOP senators… Read full this story
- The Hill: Mike Pompeo blindsided by White House moves
- 'He's Dying Anyway': White House Aide Slammed for Offensive Comment on McCain
- Trade war with China will end in a ‘pot of gold’, White House economic adviser predicts
- White House staff shakeup coming after recent leaks, says Kellyanne Conway
- White House Deterring Republicans From Defending Pruitt, Sources Say
- White House criticised for lack of diversity after releasing photo of spring 2018 interns
- White House Says It’s Reviewing EPA Administrator’s Rent Arrangement
- 'Sean Spicer’s memoir proves how beneficial it is to be fired from the White House these days'
- White House briefing today, after Trump's drug prices announcement — live updates
- White House Vetting Process Criticized After VA Pick Stumbles
The Hill's Morning Report - Tempers boil over at the White House have 312 words, post on thehill.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.