Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control, said all eight tap water samples collected Monday met safety standards for all 107 parametric values including styrene, a carcinogenic that had been found in excessive quantities in supplies to southwestern Hanoi. “All values are within allowed limits. However the samples were collected three days ago, so we still recommend that people do not use the water supplied by the Da River water plant from Wednesday night for drinking or cooking,” he said, adding that the city had instructed that the water supply resumes so people could clean their water tanks. The center is still working with the National Institute of Occupational and Environmental Health to collect water samples daily, and another announcement would be issued once the water is safe for consumption, Cam said. Regarding the concentration of styrene 1.3-3.6 times the allowed limit in samples collected Thursday and Friday last week, Cam admitted that while Vietnam has had no specific study on the topic, such high concentration has the possibility of affecting people’s health. Styrene is a colorless oily liquid that does not dissolve in water, evaporates easily and has an unpleasant odor in high concentrations. The… Read full this story
- Do not use Schuttrange tap water: town hall
- Salem water crisis: What if you drink the tap water during the advisory?
- Wilsonville water safe to drink after found free of cyanotoxins
- Gov. Kate Brown declares state of emergency over Salem tap water
- Cancer-causing chemical found in Tulare tap water. Now what?
- Central Water Commission to use Google technology to forecast floods
- Salem drinking water contaminated, children shouldn't drink tap water
- Salem's tainted tap water: 9 things you should know
- Mom's warning: Watch out for tap water at Salem restaurants
- Why did Salem leaders wait 4 days to warn people about tainted tap water?
Tap water safe, but don't use it just yet: Hanoi officials have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.