Foreign offenders and sex abusers face tougher sentences under plans announced by Boris Johnson in his first Queen’s Speech as Prime Minister today. The maximum penalty for foreign criminals who return to the UK in breach of deportation orders will be significantly increased, from weeks in jail at present to years. The worst violent and sex offenders will no longer be automatically released halfway through prison terms. Instead, those guilty of rape, manslaughter or GBH will have to serve at least two-thirds of their sentence before they are eligible to be released. Another law will see murderers who refuse to reveal where they buried their victims spending longer behind bars. The legislation will also be extended to paedophiles who stay silent about those they abuse following anger over the release of former nursery worker Vanessa George, 49, after just a decade behind bars. The plans to get tough on crime formed the centrepiece of the Prime Minister’s new domestic legislative agenda. The PM’s law and order package also contained proposed tough new laws to tackle the ‘epidemic’ of domestic violence, to toughen community sentences and to speed up extradition by enabling the arrest of offenders wanted abroad without the need… Read full this story
- Brexit on October 31 a 'priority' for British government: Queen Elizabeth II
- PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Oct 16
- Police turning a blind eye to crime: Devastating dispatch from the worst force in Britain shows what's gone wrong with policing as warped priorities and inept leadership leave community in fearful despair
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
- BBC 100 Women 2019: Who is on the list this year?
- Could Mr. Obama Be Removed From Office?
Queen's Speech: Boris Johnson announces crackdown on foreign criminals and sex abusers have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.