Quang Nam (VNA) – The Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Committee of Quang Nam and the Lao Front for National Construction (LFNC) Committee of the Lao province of Sekong held talks in Tam Ky city in the central Vietnamese province on October 15.
At the annual event, Chairman of the VFF Committee of Quang Nam Vo Xuan Ca informed participants of the local socio-economic situation, along with the coordination, information exchange and mutual assistance between the two provinces.
He noted that exchange activities and the twinning of villages in Quang Nam and Sekong have helped strengthen the solidarity and friendship between Vietnam and Laos.
Chairwoman of the LFNC Committee of Sekong Bunhien Bunchit appreciated Quang Nam’s active and effective support for the Lao province, which has helped improve the material and spiritual lives of locals.
To realise the bilateral cooperation agreement, the LFNC Committee of Sekong and the VFF Committee of Quang Nam have coordinated with socio-political organisations to increase communications to raise border residents’ awareness of the importance of building a border of peace, friendship and solidarity, along with the Vietnam-Laos agreement on land border and border gate management regulations.
Joint patrols have also been maintained to protect the shared border and border markers, the officials noted.
At the talks, Quang Nam and Sekong agreed to continue communication activities and the implementation of the countries’ protocol on border and border markers. They will continue encouraging border residents to further engage in economic development and poverty elimination, while working together to deal with undocumented marriages and irregular migration across the border.
The two provinces will also coordinate more closely to search for the remains of volunteer Vietnamese and Lao soldiers who laid down their lives in each other’s countries, the officials said.
Vietnam and Laos share a border of about 2,337km that runs across 10 Vietnamese provinces and 10 Lao provinces. The section between Quang Nam and Sekong is more than 140km long./.
- French president heads to Egypt on mission to reinforce ties
- Turkey reinforcing Syrian border: DHA
- Ensemble ties social, political issues from the past and present into performance
- Hay, school lunches and child support — the other side of the border wall issue
- The Latest: EU: Irish border still issue in no-deal Brexit
- Numerous bills tackle marijuana-related issues
- Summit Health Group announces Regenerative Therapy to treat a wide range of orthopedic and pain related issues
- US, Mexico Pledge Tough Security After Group of Migrants Tried to Cross Border
- Dozens Of Caravan Migrants Breach U.S. Border Fence
- Trump's border wall would stop less than half of illegal immigration in the U.S.