Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Le Cong Thanh (standing) speaks at the workshop in Can Tho on October 7 (Photo: VNA) Can Tho (VNA) – A workshop was held in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on October 7 to seek improvement of policies and legislation in response to climate change in Vietnam. Participants in the event, held by the National Assembly’s Committee on Science, Technology and Environment and the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), discussed such issues as legislation for promoting the business of carbon credit trading and the engagement in the world’s carbon market, renewable energy development, efficient energy use, environmentally friendly production and consumption, science-technology application promotion, and inter-regional connectivity in climate change response. Those opinions will be taken into consideration during the amendment of climate change-related articles in the 2014 Law on Environment Protection. According to experts, climate change is a major challenge affecting every aspect of life, economy and society. In recent years, climate change has become increasingly unpredictable with more frequent and serious storms, flooding, drought, saltwater intrusion, riverbank and coastal erosion, and sea level rise, especially in the Mekong Delta. Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Le Cong Thanh… Read full this story
- Monkeywrenching Vandals Are Reinventing Climate Activism
- Can This State Finally Put a Price on Carbon?
- The House Science Committee May Soon Become... Pro-Science
- Trump's Attacks on the Environment Are Mostly Failing
- Republic of Thirst, Part 1: Bay-Delta Plan Pits Fish Against Farmers — and San Francisco
- Delingpole: Brown Fiddled While California Burned
- Leaked Audio Reveals Google’s Efforts to Woo Conservatives
- Former Astronaut Mark Kelly Announces Campaign for US Senate
- Scariest Part of Las Vegas Massacre? The Pro-Gun Message That Nothing Can Be Done
- Georgia Governor Vetoes ‘Religious Liberty’ Bill After Pressure from Businesses and Hollywood
Policies, legislation on climate change to be amended have 289 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.