recently announced new regulations to make it easier for
to enter the country.
From October 1, tourists from six countries namely
, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain and Switzerland can enter Myanmar on visa-on-arrival at Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw international airports.
, passport holders of these six countries can simply apply for a visa at any of the three airports for a fee of 50 USD each.
In 2018, Myanmar exempted entry visa for tourists from Japan, the Republic of Korea, and China’s Hong Kong and Macao.
Indian and mainland Chinese nationals were also granted visas-on-arrival into Myanmar in a move to draw more Asian visitors to the country.
In the second quarter of this year, Myanmar saw an increase in arrivals from countries granted visas free and visa-on-arrival treatment./.
- Thailand cuts foreign tourist prediction for 2019
- Facebook Bans Myanmar Leaders, Admits It Was 'Too Slow' to Stop Posts Promoting Genocide
- Pro-democracy activists in Myanmar talk of beatings, torture
- Trump threat aside, national tourism agency gins up Memphis visitors from Down Under
- Attention Foreign Leaders Planning to Visit the White House: A Stoic Expression Is Key to Survival
- Gandhi museum had 1.14L visitors last year
- Red Cross ups Myanmar death toll to 128,000 as rain hinders relief efforts
- UN: Myanmar junta forcing storm victims from camps
- U.N. resuming aid to Myanmar; heavy rain forecasted
- Myanmar court sends democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi back to house arrest