First Lady Melania Trump on Wednesday morning embarked upon her first solo trip to Capitol Hill, accompanied by various lawmakers and senior White House officials, to mark the one-year anniversary of a law aimed at addressing the opioid epidemic, writes AP. According to reporters covering the event, the First Lady seemed determined to dodge questions pertaining to the impeachment inquiry targeting her husband Donald Trump, which POTUS blasted as a “lynching” this week. As she was departing, Melania Trump was asked by the assembled press how the impeachment inquiry was affecting her and her family, as she has not made a public comment yet. FLOTUS did not respond to the question. On 24 September, US House Democrats launched an impeachment probe against Donald Trump over a whistleblower complaint that alleged the US President might have abused his power by pressuring Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy during a 25 July phone call into investigating Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden for corruption. Trump has denied all allegations of misconduct, releasing a transcript of the call, and lambasting the impeachment probe as another political “witch hunt”. At the Capitol event Melania Trump emphatically underscoring the importance of the SUPPORT for Patients and… Read full this story
- Trump Says 'Fire and Fury' Comments May Not Have Been 'Tough Enough'
- How to travel solo and love every minute
- Stormy Daniels Is Going on Jimmy Kimmel, Now Nothing Else Matters
- Democrats' 2020 race has a new shadow - Hillary Clinton
- Every Single Vehicle We Reviewed In 2015
- Inside Fujitsu's cloud-powered farm of the future
- Bearing Witness to the Rise of ISIS: The Story of Anna Therese Day
Melania Trump Talks Opioid Crisis On First Solo Trip to Capitol Hill, Dodges Impeachment Questions have 263 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.