Ronald Clark O’Bryan, executed 1984 Ronald Clark O’Bryan, executed 1984 Photo: Harris County TDC Photo: Harris County TDC Image 1 of / 13 Caption Close Image 1 of 13 Ronald Clark O’Bryan, executed 1984 Ronald Clark O’Bryan, executed 1984 Photo: Harris County TDC ‘Man Who Ruined Halloween’: Recounting the horror story of the notorious ‘Candyman’ 1 / 13 Back to Gallery The witching hour of Halloween conjures up images goblins, costumes, and jack-o-lanterns and a real-life Houston Halloween tale which is far more sinister. It’s an ominous story of a father’s murderous deception. It was a rainy autumn Halloween night in 1974 when Ronald Clark O’Bryan volunteered to take his son, Timothy trick-or-treating in Pasadena. Just hours after the 8-year-old boy made his festive trick-or-tricking rounds through the neighborhood, Timothy died after eating a Pixy Stix laced with cyanide. Four of his friends were also given the poisoned candy but none of the kids ingested it. Timothy’s father was later accused of giving his son the poisoned candy, as a part of an elaborate scheme to collect a $20,000 insurance policy. O’Bryan’s wife Daynene testified for the prosecution, and O’Bryan was then sentenced to death. Dubbed the “Candy Man” by… Read full this story
- Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights 2017: What you need to know
- Best horror movie of 2018: 'A Quiet Place' or 'Halloween'?
- Tricked-out treehouse is the ultimate man cave for Minnesota magician
- Aloha Theatre casts ‘A Christmas Story’
- Why Amazon tech bros will ruin the NYC dating scene
- Like a real-life Rocky, a Santa Ana man survives hardships to thrive — and also like Rocky, his work can be seen in the film ‘Creed 2’
- 15 Christmas horror movies you must see
- Now streaming: ‘Eighth Grade,’ ‘The Old Man & the Gun,’ ‘Halloween’ sequel
- The Horror of Trump’s Wounded Knee Tweet
- Letters from battlefields reveal soldiers' stories of World War IYou may also be interested in...
'Man Who Ruined Halloween': Recounting the horror story of the notorious ‘Candyman’ have 306 words, post on www.chron.com at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.