Last September recorded the lowest rainfall in the last six years, triggering air pollution and increasing the concentration of PM2.5, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment announced on Monday. As rain helps to dissolve polluting agents, limited rainfall in September led to the decline of air quality in Hanoi. Photo for illustration. — VNA/VNS Photo Hoang Van Thuc, deputy head of the Vietnam Environment Administration, said air pollution in September happened locally and abnormally compared to previous years along with a dramatic rise of hazardous atmospheric particulate matter PM2.5, especially in big cities including Hanoi and HCM City. “Without appropriate mechanisms, air pollution will get worse,” he warned. Data collected from 13 air quality monitoring stations in Hanoi showed the upward trend of PM2.5 concentration from September 12 to 29. Specifically, from September 15 to 17 and 23 to 29, the matter’s concentration increased more than 75 per cent, far exceeding Vietnam’s standard of 25 µg per cubic metre. The fluctuations of PM2.5 and PM10 in Hanoi depend heavily on weather conditions. HCM City faced the same situation in September due to seasonal changes, Thuc said. “Moreover, farmers in Hanoi’s suburban areas still practise agricultural combustion, generating smoke and… Read full this story
- Indoor Air Quality - 5 Tips to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality in Cooler Weather
- Indoor Air Quality Matters
- Indoor Air Quality - Maintaining Good Air Quality Inside Your Home
- Air Intake Filtration Technology Supports EPA's Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program
- EPA Regualtions Raise the Bar for Industial Air Quality Testing
- An Indoor Air Quality Primer
- Indoor Air Quality - Is There A Solution To Improving The Quality of The Indoor Air We're Breathing?
- Air Quality Hits Close to Home
- The Importance of Indoor Air Quality Certification
- Indoor Air Quality Training Seminars: How to Find One
Low rainfall worsened air quality in Hanoi have 287 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.