Vietnamese lawmakers are hard-pressed to navigate between old and new, vacillating between ride-hailing apps and traditional taxi companies While the Ministry of Transport (MoT) maintained its proposal that all ride-hailing firms have to affix ‘taxi’ signs to the top of their vehicles, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) opposes the proposal. The MoJ has recently sent an official dispatch No.1354/BTP-PLDSKT to the MoT to provide feedback for the latest amended draft decree, which would replace Decree No.86/2014/ND-CP on business conditions for automobile transportation. Accordingly, the MoJ suggests removing the clause that would require ride-hailing cars below nine seats – such as the ones Grab, Go-Viet, and FastGo use – to install signs saying “contract vehicle.” The MoJ says that this provision is unnecessary as all kinds of contract vehicles are already equipped with taxi badges, showing that they are “contract vehicles.” The MoJ requested more time to clarify the nature of ride-hailing apps like Grab and come up with the appropriate management solutions and ensure fair and transparent competition. It is clear that the fierce battle between traditional and disruptive businesses is causing a headache for policymakers in Vietnam. The booming ride-hailing industry including the likes of Grab, Go-Viet, FastGo, and… Read full this story
- BMW-Daimler ride-hailing venture steps up Uber challenge
- Automated ride-hailing test held in San Jose
- China issues guidelines to legalize ride-hailing apps like Uber and Didi Chuxing
- Ride hailing added to Opal app and Transport NSW Trip Planner
- India’s ride-hailing firm Ola is now in the credit card business, too
- Southeast Asia’s Grab is adding Netflix-like video streaming to its ride-hailing app
- Grab raises fundraising target to $5B as Southeast Asia’s ride-hailing war heats up
- Waymo launches robo-taxi service in Arizona: Google spinoff's autonomous cars will pick up and drop off passengers throughout Phoenix starting today
- How global urban mobility space is gearing up for air taxis?
- Why Bike Taxis in India haven't had it easy
Legislators vacillating between ride-hailing and traditional taxi have 314 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.