It was an unusual juxtaposition for Democrats — calling a Republican president weak militarily. That’s how the contenders for the party’s nomination framed the recent withdrawal of American troops from northern Syria under President Trump, who they said during Tuesday night’s debate had created turmoil with his impulsive foreign policy decision making. “It’s been the most shameful thing any president has done in modern history in terms of foreign policy,” former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said. While Democrats have been consumed with the Trump administration’s dealings with Russia and Ukraine, the emerging foreign policy crisis in Syria presented a delicate test for the party’s presidential hopefuls on the debate stage. It followed Mr. Trump’s decision this month to withdraw American troops from northern Syria, one that has been sharply criticized by Republicans and now Democrats, who said it would endanger Kurdish allies in the region. Mr. Trump said he was trying to “end the endless wars.” Mr. Biden, a former chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called the move a betrayal and said it would throw the country into chaos and embolden Islamic State militants. The issue appeared to give Mr. Biden an opening to burnish his… Read full this story
- Poll: Trump leads top 2020 Democrats in Iowa
- From Accomplishments To Impeachment, President Trump Covers It All At Re-Election Rally In Sunrise
- O'Malley says he won't run for president in 2020, backs O'Rourke
- President Trump Mocks Impeachment Proceedings During Rally In Hershey
- President Trump Bringing ‘Keep America Great’ Homecoming Rally To South Florida
- 'When you can't win the game, change the rules!' Donald Trump claims Democrats have to change the guidelines since they don't have enough facts to impeach
- Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson 'falls for fake story' as she tweets false claim that President Trump had pardoned cult leader Charles Manson
- President Trump’s Rally Means Thousands Of Supporters, Plenty Of Opponents & All Kinds Of Security Measures
- President Trump to Justice Roberts: 'You're Fired!'
- Trump campaign: Democrats pursuing impeachment because they don't have 'viable' 2020 candidate
Kurds in Syria Were Sold Out by President Trump, 2020 Democrats Say have 337 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.