Miss Thuỳ Dung, together with many models and businesswomen, participated in the catwalk session. VNS Photo An Phương Many designs inspired from Lemur Áo Dài by artist Nguyễn Cát Tường were introduced by designer Sĩ Hoàng at the event. VNS Photo An Phương The launching ceremony for the Institute of Vietnamese Costumes was held on October 14 at the HCM City Museum. VNS Photo An Phương HCM CITY – The Institute of Vietnamese Costumes has officially launched with a mission to honour and preserve the beauty of Vietnamese clothing. The opening ceremony, held at the HCM City Museum, was attended by many cultural experts, lecturers, businesspeople, and popular artists. According to Prof. Nguyễn Khắc Thuần, head of the institute, the institute’s establishment aims to promote traditional clothing via many activities including compiling, translating and collecting in-depth documents on Vietnamese costumes and ethnic minorities, and restoring and developing innovative outfits based on traditional values that are suited to modern life. The institute will also work with other cultural institutes and universities with fashion faculties and invite their students to intern and do research at the institute. Speaking at the event, the institute’s Deputy Head, designer Sỹ Hoàng, emphasised that a piece of traditional clothing can tell a lot about certain period in history…. Read full this story
- AIP launches public offering at Korean conference
- Made-in-Vietnam Lotus network launched, aiming to have 60 million users
- China's first domestically-built aircraft carrier officially enters service
- Vietnam Airlines launches In-town Check-in service
- Six Vietnamese who make the world a better place
- Food Empire launches the campaign "Café PHO - Stir up the love for Vietnam"
- Growing pains: Vietnamese farmers are producing plenty. Now they just need customers
- VinSmart creates VOS operating system for Vietnamese smartphone market
- Vietnamese social networks struggle to gain 60 million users
- VN Institute makes plastic bags that degrade in water
Institute of Vietnamese Costumes officially launches have 311 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.