Photo: Mary Altaffer/AP/Shutterstock Because this is a story about Max Rose, it has to at some point find him at Jody’s Club Forest, a Staten Island bar he famously frequents, drinking pitchers of Bud Light. And because Max Rose is who he is — a five-foot-six freshman congressman; a graduate of Wesleyan and the London School of Economics who joined the Army and was nearly blown up by an IED in Afghanistan while the rest of his friends were getting jobs on Wall Street; and a bald bottle rocket with a wrestler’s build and a deep Brooklyn accent of dem, dees, and dos who flipped a deeply red congressional district Democratic in 2018 — there have been a lot of stories about Max Rose. More than a few of them feature a scene at Jody’s. If some politicians (and to be honest, vanishingly few of them these days) may occasionally sneak out for a cigarette, and, if confronted, ask that it be kept off the record, Rose keeps a pack of silver Marlboro Ultra Lights in his glove compartment, and instead of turning around to ask if he should roll down the windows, turns around to ask if you want… Read full this story
- Obama tells Trump to 'stop whining' over rigged election claims
- Trump assails Bill Clinton, vows to jail Hillary Clinton if he wins White House
- Trump defends border policy as UN says children's rights violated
- Among Trump associates, concern and frustration over Donald Jr. crisis
- Trump vows to scrap Obamacare as costs to jump 25 per cent
- World can 'sleep well' after North Korea summit, Trump says
- Trump to deliver State of the Union on Feb 5: Pelosi
- Canada rallies to Trudeau after Trump's insult
- Trump denies asking Comey to drop probe, decries 'witch hunt'
- Former FBI chief Mueller appointed to probe Trump-Russia ties
How Trump-Country Democrat Rep. Max Rose Got to Impeachment have 298 words, post on nymag.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.