By Jake Pearson, Mike Spies and J. David McSwane, ProPublicaOriginally published on Friday, October 25 Last March, a veteran Washington reporter taped an interview with a Ukrainian prosecutor that sparked a disinformation campaign alleging Joe Biden pressured Ukrainians into removing a prosecutor investigating a company because of its ties to the former vice president’s son. The interview and subsequent columns, conducted and written by a writer for The Hill newspaper, John Solomon, were the starting gun that eventually set off the impeachment inquiry into the president. Watching from the control booth of The Hill’s TV studio was Lev Parnas, who helped arrange the interview. Parnas and his partner Igor Fruman were working with the president’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to promote a story that it was Democrats and not Republicans who colluded with a foreign power in the 2016 election. Federal prosecutors in Manhattan indicted the duo this month on allegations that they illegally funneled foreign money into U.S. political campaigns. Interviews and company records obtained by ProPublica show Parnas worked closely with Solomon to facilitate his reporting, including helping with translation and interviews. Solomon also shared files he obtained related to the Biden allegations with Parnas, according to a… Read full this story
- Does Clinton email report help or hurt Trump?
- Varadkar 'very happy' to help launch 'Republican' festival
- EU project helps to launch national transport strategy in Ukraine – media
- Arkady Babchenko not dead: Kremlin critic reportedly killed in Kiev appears alive at press conference
- Ex-NATO deputy chief: NATO can help itself by pulling Ukraine closer now
- Hungary agrees to Ukraine's participation in NATO summit, but keeps blocking bilateral Commission
- MFA Ukraine says "constructive negotiations" launched with Hungarians on education law
- Szijjarto hails U.S. role in efforts to settle Hungary-Ukraine language row
- IMF comments on finance minister's dismissal in Ukraine
- Washington State sues online titans over political ads
How A Washington Reporter Helped Launch The Ukraine Conspiracy have 304 words, post on patch.com at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.