The clean water station’s ground-breaking ceremony in Khoen On commune by HEINEKEN Vietnam This is the 24 th water supply project across the country that HEINEKEN Vietnam has sponsored to support communities in need of clean water with a value of VND300 million ($13 million). Khoen On commune is home to many ethnic minority groups. The people living here are currently using untreated water from nearby rivers or streams. These sources cannot always meet the daily needs of people, especially during the dry season. The water station sponsored by HEINEKEN Vietnam will provide the villagers of Khoen On commune with five wells where they can access water. "This is a very important project for the community in Khoen On commune, Than Uyen district as it helps meet the urgent need for regular access to clean water. We welcome and highly appreciate HEINEKEN Vietnam's efforts to proactively support the improvement of local infrastructure and hope that more water stations will come to people in remote areas of Lai Chau province as well as across Vietnam," said Vuong The Man, Vice Chairman of Than Uyen District People's Committee. Lo Van Chai, a resident from Khoen On commune, said, "We have to travel… Read full this story
- Water-starved Beijing looks to the sea
- Q&A: Gretchen Daily, ecologist, on quantifying nature's value
- What Life Is Like When Getting Your Period Means You Are Shunned
- Killer Dust: Why Is Asbestos Still Killing People?
- Why It's Time For America To Leave Afghanistan Behind
- Hong Kong contends with pollution from a growing cruise industry
- 2012: Terra incognita
- Riots, suicides, and other issues in Foxconn's iPhone factories
HEINEKEN Vietnam supports clean water supply in Lai Chau province have 271 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.