Ha Long Bay (Photo: VNA) Quang Ninh (VNA) – Ha Long city in the northeastern province of Quang Ninh is striving to develop sustainable tourism, especially promoting the world natural heritage site of Ha Long Bay. The city has implemented a number of measures to improve environmental protection such as removing factories causing pollution and maintaining the monitoring of environmental quality in the bay and surrounding areas. It also strengthens the inspection of environmental protection of organisations and individuals providing tourism services in Ha Long Bay. The city is speeding up the construction of daily sewage treatment facilities in coastal areas. It is also carrying out a 154 million USD project using official development assistance (ODA) loans to improve the environment. The city asked organisations and individuals running tourism services in Ha Long Bay to not use disposable plastic products from September 1, 2019. Local authorities have encouraged people to sort waste at source and limit the use of plastic bottles and nylon bags while touring the bay. Service providers in the bay were asked to use paper cups, straws and bags to serve their customers, according to the Ha Long Bay Management Board. So far, Ha Long has launched… Read full this story
- How Coronavirus—and Lack of Tourism—Affect East Africa's Gorillas and Communities
- ‘Things have to change’: tourism businesses look to a greener future
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 28
- Ken Loach says his beloved Bath is being ruined by tourism
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 18
- OCOP trade fair underway in Quang Ninh
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 21
- 'Bad neighbour': will the cruise industry resume its rise in Australia after coronavirus?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 22
Ha Long city develops sustainable tourism have 271 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.