International Fans absent as North and South Korea draw 0-0, China drop points The Saigon Times Daily Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019,08:59 (GMT+7) Fans absent as North and South Korea draw 0-0, China drop pointsThe Saigon Times Daily Thailand’s Manuel Bihr, Phitiwat Sukjitthammakul and Sasalak Haiprakon in action with United Arab Emirates’s Ali Ahmed Mabkhout at Thammasat University Main Stadium, Rangsit, Pathum Thani, Thailand October 15, 2019 – PHOTO: REUTERS HONG KONG (REUTERS) – There were no fans and no goals as North Korea and South Korea drew 0-0 in World Cup qualifying on Tuesday while Marcello Lippi’s China dropped their first points as they were held to a surprise goalless draw in the Philippines. North and South Korea, still technically at war because their 1950-53 civil conflict ended in a truce, not a peace treaty, played out a 0-0 draw in front of an empty Kim Il Sung Stadium. Only the visiting FIFA President Gianni Infantino and a small group of officials and dignitaries were present to witness the game, which was their first ever meeting in World Cup qualifying in Pyongyang. It was the third time in the countries’ last five meetings in World Cup qualifying that neither side has been able to… Read full this story
- Wide-Ranging K-Pop Scandal Rocks South Korea
- Reduced US-South Korea exercises still draw North’s ire
- Is justice out of reach for an American teacher murdered in South Korea?
- North Korea abruptly withdraws staff from South Korea liaison office
- South Korea picks Seoul for 2032 Olympic bid
- South Korea considering sending special envoy to North Korea
- Trump, South Korea’s Moon look for way to curb North Korea nuclear weapons
- Japan cancels port call by warship in South Korea amid row
- South Korea, US sign new cost-sharing deal for US troops
- US, South Korea scale back planned military exercises
Fans absent as North and South Korea draw 0-0, China drop points have 294 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.