IMAGE: Supporters of the Nationalist Congress Party celebrate outside the party office after learning of poll results in Mumbai. Photograph: Francis Mascarenhas/Reuters Most exit polls had predicted that the Bharatiya Janata Party would drub its rivals in Maharashtra and Haryana, but they turned out to be way off the mark, failing to gauge the fight put up by the Opposition.The biggest shocker is in Haryana where at least three exit polls predicted decimation of the Opposition, but the BJP won 40 seats in the 90-member assembly and the Congress 31 seats. The exit polls forecast did not match the actual results. The ABP-C Voter had predicted 70 seats for the BJP and eight for the Congress, while the CNN-IPSOS and Times Now forecast of 75 and 71 for the BJP and 10 and 11 for the Congress respectively. The India Today-Axis poll was the only one to get it right in Haryana. It had predicted a tough contest between the Congress and the BJP. It said the BJP will win 32-44 seats in Haryana, while the Congress will bag 30-42 seats and 6-10 seats for the Dushyant Chautala-led Jannayaka Janta Party (JPP). Its forecast about the actual results in Maharashtra was… Read full this story
- The Blitz: Where the polls failed; who’s next after Kiffin?
- How remain failed: the inside story of a doomed campaign
- North Carolina ranked No. 1 in poll
- Watchdog slams FIFA’s anti-corruption fight
- K-State fights through four overtimes
- NCAA Tournament heroes — 1986 Cleveland State
- Isner fails to reach fourth round
- Wichita State handles Pitt in Salt Lake City
- Armstead leads Wichita State past Pitt 73-55
- Fighting Irish and Trojans: The best of a rivalry
Exit polls fail to gauge Oppn fight in 2 states have 266 words, post on www.rediff.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.