Some of President Donald Trump’s erratic, impulsive and ill-informed pronouncements turn out to be of little lasting consequence, like passing gusts of wind. But his abrupt decision to pull back U.S. troops serving in northern Syria was the policy equivalent of pouring gasoline on smoldering embers. In just 10 days, it has already produced virtually all of the tragic and dire consequences that critics predicted: ►By yielding to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s invasion threats on Oct. 6 and withdrawing U.S. troops from the Syrian border, Trump surrendered a powerful U.S. self-defense leverage — the ability to call in devastating air power if even a few Americans on the ground were threatened. For Erdogan, this was a green light to move into northern Syria. ►The American president followed up by ordering a near total retreat of U.S. forces from Syria, about 1,000 troops. He abandoned — many would say betrayed — Syrian-Kurdish allies who had fought and died alongside Americans in a successful, years-long campaign to destroy the Islamic State caliphate. Escaping ISIS prisoners ►The resulting chaos threatens to reverse victory against an ISIS network that inspired mass shootings in Orlando and San Bernardino, and launched attacks in Europe. Hundreds of ISIS prisoners have escaped detention camps, and thousands more operate in Syrian-based sleeper cells the U.S.-led coalition had worked to… Read full this story
- Donald Trump boasts U.S. has taken custody of ISIS beheaders nicknamed 'The Beatles' amid claims Bill Barr asked him to prosecute the gang's two survivors and ensure they don't go free because of Turkey's Syria invasion
- Syrian regime claims Turkey is ALREADY striking Kurdish targets as U.S. troops withdraw, Republican fury at 'betrayal' grows, and Donald Trump claims he has told Turkish leader: 'Any of our people get hurt - big trouble'
- Donald Trump praises US special forces for 'TERMINATING' ISIS’ al-Baghdadi replacement
- Senior House Democrat calls Purple Heart vet's closed door impeachment testimony 'extremely disturbing' as Donald Trump blasts witness as 'Never Trumper' and allies accuse Ukrainian language speaker of dual loyalty and 'espionage'
- 'We're ready to go in': Turkish army confirms preparations to invade Syria 'are complete' as explosions are seen on the border - as Donald Trump says 'let them take care of it' after pulling troops from the area despite fears for safety of
- White House issues extraordinary statement to announce that Trump has agreed for Turkey to INVADE Northern Syria and to take custody of all ISIS fighters captured over the past two years
- Trump actively tried to derail the 3 biggest things that helped take out ISIS leader al-Baghdadi
- 'Spineless' Trump 'got rolled' by Erdogan on Syria and the White House withdrawal statement 'stunned' the Pentagon, claim sources, as the president brushes off GOP fury at Kurdish betrayal while Turkey 'launches strikes'
- ISIS Leader Killed on Turkey’s Doorstep
- Is Trump Saving Those Syrian Oil Fields for the Russians?
Donald Trump pours gasoline on Syria. Now Turkey-Kurds-Russia blowup may one day burn USA. have 474 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.