Da Nang (VNA)
– Leading speakers from home and abroad will address the fourth
on November 1.
Vice director of the city’s science and technology department Tran Van Hoang said at a press conference on October 2 at least 30 speakers and experts along with 2,000 businesses, students and investors will join the event.
Peter Vesterbacka is a global entrepreneur and brand communities creator from Finland; Dominic Mellor, the leader of the Mekong Business Initiative of the Asia Development Bank; Jan Lederman, President of Valhalla Private Capital, Canada; founder of Percent Silicon Valley Thach Le Anh; Shark Tank and director of Cyber Agent Investment Foundation Nguyen Manh Dung and other domestic and foreign speakers will all take part.
Hoang said activities including an exhibition of 70 business start-up projects, start-up pitching and business meetings will prelude the conference from October 28-31.
He said the city has established three private funds reserving for start-up projects since 2016.
This year’s event will focus on start-up projects in fields of information technology, tourism and agriculture, aiming at promoting the city’s innovative
ecology system for the future.
debuted in 2014 as a base for the younger generation to begin their careers. Three hundred start-up projects, of which 10 received funding from investors, were born from the ecosystem’s co-working space.
In 2017, the Song Han Incubator Centre, which was seen as the first private sector incubator, was debuted as a consultancy for young people starting businesses.
The centre has supported 40 start-up projects in tourism in Da Nang and HCM City.
Last year, two projects received 7.7 billion VND (335,000 USD) from investors.
Da Nang has 18,000 businesses, 95 percent of which are small and medium-sized enterprises.
The city plans to support 200 projects and 80 start-up businesses, in which at least 20 percent of businesses will successfully call fund from investors, in 2020.
During the occasion of hosting the conference,
will debut its first Adventurous Fund in supporting start-up businesses./.
- Junior Seau Foundation To Host Holiday Shopping Event For Kids
- Why Did Apple Just Host a Campaign Event for Trump in Texas?
- yet2 On Demand Webinar: Leveraging an Open Innovation Portal to Build an Innovation Ecosystem
- Nandita Das speaks up on #MeToo claims against father: Important to be sure about allegations
- Linn da Quebrada leads trans-black resistance in Bolsonaro's Brazil
- No first day first show: Nandita Das disappointed at morning screenings of 'Manto' being cancelled
- Cashing in again! Bachelorette Ali Oetjen announces she will host a second wellness retreat this year... after pocketing over $10,000 from her previous one-day event
- Love Island's Megan Barton Hanson takes the plunge in blazer style dress at Gay Times Honours 500 event... after vowing NEVER to date men again
- Nicole Scherzinger debuts sleek new fringe in a cut-out mini-dress at London event after X Factor: Celebrity hunk Thom Evans breaks silence on their reported romance
- Atlassian boss lashes out at Scott Morrison over skipping climate change event