Pilgrims offer incense to General Tran Hung Dao. (Photo: VNA) Thousands of local residents and tourists attend the event to learn about Vietnam’s culture and history. Two festivals are held each year at the Con Son-Kiep Bac relic site – one in the spring and one on the autumn. The autumn festival commemorates the death anniversary of 13th century national hero General Tran Hung Dao, who led Vietnam to victories over Mongol invaders, and the death anniversary of 15th century national hero and strategist Nguyen Trai. Since 2006, the festival has reenacted all the original rituals and performances and become a major spiritual event in Hai Duong province. Nguyen Thi Thuy Lien described the rituals: “An incense offering occurs on the 10th day of the eighth lunar month at Van and Kiep village, whose villagers worship General Tran Hung Dao and ask for his permission to start the autumn festival. Pilgrims are welcomed to pay tribute to the General on the 15th day. An official opening ceremony follows a day later at the Con Son-Kiep Bac relic site with another incense offering ritual.” The Luc Dau river is the main venue for festival activities. It was the strategic waterway connecting the Red River and Bach… Read full this story
- Veterans Day salute: Red Wings honor real heroes
- Texas A&M-South Carolina rivalry trophy could honor Alamo hero
- We need a statue of limitations on honoring sports heroes, right, Kobe?
- Nik Stauskas is a national hero, has no idea what a Chewbacca is
- Cote d’Ivoire’s Cup of Nations hero goalkeeper Boubacar Barry retires
- Son of Bengals’ long snapper performs national anthem, at age 2 (VIDEO)
- Obama honors national champion Buckeyes at White House
- Former female volunteers dedicate the rest of their lives to national construction
- Brazil inaugurates Pele Museum, honoring legend
- When the hero takes a fall
Con Son-Kiep Bac Autumn Festival honors national heroes have 300 words, post on english.vov.vn at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.