Many diners have found two restaurants in Riga, the capital city of Latvia, reliable places to enjoy different variations of pho, Vietnam’s globally famous noodle dish. Thanh My, a Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper correspondent, recently had an amusing experience at a pho restaurant that is thousands of miles away from the dish’s birthplace. My discovered the TAVS Banh mi restaurant in Riga by chance during her trip to Latvia, a small country of around two million inhabitants in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. Both local residents and Vietnamese visitors to the European country are drawn to this restaurant not only by its authentic pho taste but also by its creative twists on the dish’ traditional recipe. Customers enjoy Vietnamese food at the TAVS Banh mi restaurant in Riga, Latvia. Photo: Thanh My / Tuoi Tre A bowl of original pho at TAVS Banh mi restaurant contains all the ingredients that are familiar to lovers of Vietnamese cuisine: rice noodles, delicate broth, and meat – be it beef or chicken, served with homemade chilli sauce. However, like other Vietnamese restaurants in Europe, TAVS Banh mi could hardly afford fresh herbs that are traditionally served with pho for garnish, as herbs are expensive in the continent. But this shortcoming does not discourage customers from visiting the restaurant. As a… Read full this story
- Buttigieg and Delaney Want to Bring Back One of Bill Clinton’s Signature Proposals
- Roots not forgotten as Vietnamese expats play a part in homeland’s development
- Dearborn herb group recognized at state convention
- The Dish: Chef Alex Stupak trades in pastry tools for tacos
- Bear With Sweet Tooth Is Terrorizing Family's Home (WATCH)
- 27 unaccompanied minors will be allowed to get off a migrant ship in Italy after far-right Salvini loosens his ban
- Sadiq Khan Bringing ‘Gender Neutral’ Toilets to London to ‘Reflect the Incredible Diversity of the City’
- German far-right group 'planned attacks on mosques'
- German far-right arrests reveal multiple mosque attacks plot
- German police arrest 12 over far-right plot to spark 'civil-war-like situation'
Bring your own herbs: pho lovers in Europe get resourceful to enjoy signature Vietnamese dish far from home have 329 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.