Today Express.co.uk is asking its readers whether MPs should move to force the Speaker to be ousted immediately – or if they are comfortable with his role. Boris Johnson wants to hold a vote in the Commons today, after MPs backed the Letwin amendment on Saturday delaying a meaningful vote on the deal. But John Bercow will decide whether the vote will go ahead. Many political commentators believe the vote will be quashed, as although MPs did not get a yes or no vote on the Brexit deal it remained on the order paper and parliamentary rules do not allow for a vote to be tabled a second time. If the vote does not go ahead the Government’s chances of leaving the EU on October 31 with a deal are incredibly slim. Mr Bercow has said he will stand down as Speaker of the House of Commons on Brexit deadline day, in just 10 days time. But critics say he should go now as he will not be around to deal with the fallout of his anti-Brexit decisions. Express.co.uk is asking you, our readers, whether MPs should move to oust him from his position immediately – in order to stop… Read full this story
- Brexit latest – Chicken Corbyn bottles Boris Johnson’s Dec 12 election but PM vows DAILY votes until he agrees
- Brexit disaster looms. Can MPs unite quickly enough to save us?
- Curse of Cameron's cuties: As Louise Mensch waltzes off, we look at the very mixed fortunes of Dave's other A-list women MPs
- Lockdown for AT LEAST three more weeks: Dominic Raab declares coronavirus curbs are working but must stay in force despite huge hit to economy - as he rejects demands for an 'exit strategy'
- Opposition MPs led by Lib Dem leader Ed Davey write to EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier asking for an extension to Britain's leaving date despite Boris Johnson ruling it out
- Ex-Border Force chief says migrants crossing English Channel are 'major threat' to UK borders as ANOTHER boat is picked up - taking total number to record-breaking 601 in a month
- 'I voted Tory but they've kicked UK farmers in the teeth': Award-winning farmer feels betrayed after MPs failed to stop food being sold in Britain that was produced abroad using lower safety or animal welfare standards
- MPs' quarantine rebellion: Team of Tory politicians including seven former ministers are urging the Government to scrap plan to order all arrivals into UK to self-isolate for 14 days
- EXCLUSIVE: Senior Tory MP fears Boris Johnson has ‘lost his edge' and is not fully recovered after coronavirus - and warns he needs to be worried about 'savvy' Sir Keir Starmer
- Monsoon Session: Aggressive opposition forces adjournments in both houses
Brexit POLL: Should MPs move to force meddling Speaker Bercow out immediately? have 445 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.