LUXEMBOURG/DUBLIN (Reuters) – Britain and the EU made headway on Tuesday in last-ditch talks on a Brexit deal ahead of a leaders’ summit, but with just hours left to clinch an agreement it was still unclear if London could avoid postponing its scheduled departure on Oct. 31. FILE PHOTO: A partial view shows the Houses of Parliament and the Big Ben clock tower in London, Britain September 11, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville/File Photo Officials and diplomats involved in negotiations over the acrimonious divorce between the world’s fifth-largest economy and its biggest trading bloc said that differences over the terms of the split had narrowed significantly. However, the European Union’s Brexit negotiator, Michel Barnier, made clear at a meeting of the bloc’s ministers in Luxembourg that if an agreement couldn’t be reached on Tuesday, it would be too late to send anything for leaders to approve at a summit in Brussels on Thursday and Friday. That could force another extension of the date for the UK’s split from the 27 other member states, the third since Britons voted in a June 2016 referendum to quit the EU. Britain’s plan to leave the EU, which has only ever added new member states, has… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- EMERGING MARKETS-Brazilian real touches 2-week low as trade doubts remain
- The Latest: Scottish party won't accept Brexit plans
- Eurostar Deals to Avignon, France
- Many Brexit scenarios still possible says French EU chief as deadline date looms
- Brexit has a new phrase - difficult but possible
- Sears' future is still in doubt a year after bankruptcy filing
Brexit deal within reach in last-ditch talks, but doubts remain have 303 words, post on feeds.reuters.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.