“I’ve said time and time again that this is unacceptable, that if you come after Joe Biden, you’re going to have to deal with me in this case. There is no — as you said — these are baseless, unfounded, scurrilous lies, plain and simple, trying to undermine the character of one of the statesmen of our country, not our party, but our country. And so, yeah, you’ve got a problem with me,” Booker told CNN’s Ana Cabrera on “Newsroom.” “I can’t speak for this in a political context,” the New Jersey senator added. “This is just me as an American to see these kinds of attacks and whether it’s the lies this President tells about Joe Biden, or lies that he tells about other American citizens, to demean and denigrate them.” Booker’s comments come as Trump continues to lash out at Biden and his son, Hunter, after a House impeachment inquiry was launched last month. The inquiry came in the wake of a whistleblower complaint that alleges Trump abused his official powers “to solicit interference” from Ukraine in the 2020 election and that the White House took steps to cover it up. Trump has denied any wrongdoing. A rough… Read full this story
- Trump on a 2020 Joe Biden run: "Obama took him out of the garbage heap"
- Cory Booker: Trump Case More Serious Than Biden Claims
- Joe Biden 2020: Former VP to give first TV interview as candidate on 'The View,' Anita Hill calls for more than apology
- Joe Biden berates White House over 'joke' about John McCain's health
- In Pennsylvania, Joe Biden Finds Support Where He Most Needs It
- For Joe Biden, a Long-Expected Test From Trump
- White House Accused Of Cover-up Over Trump-Ukraine Call
- Democratic Candidates Go After Joe Biden, but Not by Name
- Giuliani Defends Urging Ukraine Officials To Probe Biden, Son
- Recap and Analysis: Joe Biden’s Visit to ‘The View’
Booker on Trump-Ukraine scandal: 'If you come after Joe Biden, you're going to have to deal with me' have 312 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.