For Huong, a 32-year-old woman in HCMC’s Thu Duc District with one child, raising two or three kids is a pipe dream. She said many couples in the city come from other provinces, meaning if they give birth to a second baby, they cannot rely on the support of their parents and have to hire expensive babysitters. “If both parents work full-time, they certainly won’t have enough time to take care of the second kid or invest in the child’s education as they want.” She has been married since 2016 and does not plan to have a second child anytime soon. Never before have so many parents in Vietnam felt so reluctant to have more than one child. “Birth phobia” as this phenomenon is called is becoming widespread. According to Huong, birth phobia is also caused by changing values in which women prefer enjoying life by travelling, taking care of their bodies, working, and socializing with friends rather than by raising children. Other women also cite a host of reasons ranging from fear of pain and changing metabolism caused by pregnancies to hectic schedules to limited financial resources for their unwillingness to have more than one child. For many young… Read full this story
- Considering Contraceptives and Birth Control
- How to Stop Fears, Phobias and Anxieties
- Real and Permanent Cure For Social Phobia
- Birth Control Tips While You Plan Your Travel
- Can Birth Control Pills Cause Infertility?
- Phobia And Anxiety
- Self Help For Fear, Phobia and Anxiety
- Modern Paintings In Vietnam - Rising Above The Identity Crisis!
- Are Panic Symptoms and Phobias the Same?
- Birth Control & Abortion Services Take Charge of the Population
Birth phobia threatens Vietnam's future have 270 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.