Germany’s midfielder Serge Gnabry (centre) scores their second goal against Northern Ireland during the the Euro 2020 football qualification match. (PAUL FAITH/AFP) Roberto Martinez’s Belgium, the world-number-one ranked side, were not at their best but still swatted aside a poor Scotland outfit at Hampden Park to make it six wins from as many matches in Group I. Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku gave the visitors the lead in Glasgow in only the ninth minute with his Belgian record-extending 49th international goal. Defenders Thomas Vermaelen and Toby Alderweireld ended the game as a contest with less than 32 minutes on the clock. Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, who had assisted each of the first three goals, completed the scoring himself with eight minutes remaining. “It was not a world-class performance, we just did what we had to do,” said Belgium captain De Bruyne. “We had a tough start but after our first goal, we had more control and Scotland did not get many chances.” Belgium, who finished third at last year’s World Cup, are now 11 points clear of third-placed Kazakhstan at the summit of their group with the top two automatically qualifying and only four games to play. “We… Read full this story
- When does Euro 2020 qualifying start and when is the draw?
- Harry Maguire: England have missed a great opportunity but Euro 2020 offers us hope
- UEFA confirm dates for Euro 2020 clashes at Hampden
- UEFA awards Champions League final to Istanbul and announces Euro 2020 dates
- Wales women edge closer to World Cup Final after win over Bosnia and Herzegovina
- World Cup 2018: Belgium defeat shows England need better players if they are to win Euro 2020
- Celtic defender Dedryck Boyata tipped to be key for Belgium at Euro 2020
- World Cup: Southgate already has his focus on Euro 2020
- Juncker to give major speech in Florence as Italy's Eurosceptics edge closer to forming government
- FA keen to keep Gareth Southgate as England boss beyond Euro 2020
Belgium, Netherlands hit four as Germany edge closer to Euro 2020 have 318 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.