The classical ballet Giselle, which is considered one of the great Romantic ballets, will return to the HCM City Opera House on October 19 and 20. The two-act ballet is directed and staged by French dancer and choreographer Chloe Glemot and Japanese dancer Yuki Hiroshige. The production was welcomed by city audiences when it was first staged at the Opera House in September. The ballet tells the story of Giselle, a young peasant girl who dies of a broken heart after discovering that her lover, Albrecht, has promised to marry someone else. The Wilis, a group of ghostly spirits of dead girls who die from broken hearts, target Albrecht. They have the ability to control men and let them dance until they die. But Giselle defends Albrecht with the power of her great love. Young dancer Do Hoang Khang Ninh and Meritorious Artist Ho Phi Diep will play the leading roles of Giselle and Albrecht, while Hiroshige will play Myrtha, Queen of the Wilis. The performance will also feature Meritorious Artist Dam Duc Nhuan, Do Thi Anh Nguyen, and dancers from the HCM City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera’s (HBSO) ballet troupe. Glemot was trained at the Paris Opera Ballet… Read full this story
- HCMC opera house hosts The Nutcracker
- Suite Ballet Carmen to be re-staged in HCM City
- A night of Italian music scheduled at Saigon Opera House
- Dance performance “Mua Kieu” to be staged in HCM City
- World-renowned Italian saxophonist Enzo Favata to join SPYO's concert in HCM City
- HCMC Ballet, Symphony Orchestra and Opera presents “Music of the German Masters”
- Book a cheap Budapest city break this spring with deals from as little as £101pp
- Is opera the most misogynistic art form?
- Berlin Opera Prize goes to #MeToo inspired works
- AP: Women accuse opera legend Domingo of sexual harassment
Ballet Giselle returns to HCM City Opera House have 294 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.