Hanoi (VNA) — The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on October 2 signed a 37 million USD loan agreement with Da Nhim – Ham Thuan – Da Mi Hydro Power Joint Stock Company (DHD) to finance the installation of a 47.5 MWp floating photovoltaic (PV) solar power facility on the man-made reservoir of DHD’s existing 175 MW Da Mi hydropower plant.
“This project will help to boost the share of renewable energy in Vietnam’s overall energy mix and decrease the dependence on imported fossil fuels such as coal,” said ADB Private Sector Operations Department Deputy Director General Christopher Thieme.
- Plans to build Belarus' largest solar power plant in Cherikov District in 2019
- Hevel launches 2nd stage of Niva solar power plant, capacity at 75 MW
- Electricity generation at Armenia's solar power plants increased by 48 times
- Ministry with proposal for community-owned solar power plants
- Azerbaijan moves ahead with pilot project for floating solar power system in Lake Boyukshor
- China Looks to Secure Space Superpower Status With Earth-Orbiting Power Plants
- Large-scale border test planned for no-deal Brexit
- Man seriously injured in large-scale brawl outside pub
- Kazakhstan launches largest solar power station in Central Asia
- Kazakhstan launches solar and wind power plants to boost share of renewables