|DHD’s general director Le Van Quang and Christopher Thieme from ADB after the signing agreement. (Photo courtesy of ADB)|
The project marks the first large-scale installation of floating solar PV panels in Vietnam and the largest installation in Southeast Asia, according to ADB’s press release.
“This project will help to boost the share of renewable energy in Vietnam’s overall energy mix and decrease the dependence on imported fossil fuels such as coal,” said ADB Private Sector Operations Department Deputy Director General Christopher Thieme.
- The world’s largest floating solar power plant just went online in China
- First solar power plant inaugurated in Ha Tinh province
- BCG-CME solar power plant begins commercial operation in Long An
- China looking to build gigantic solar power plant in orbit using 3D printing
- Norway's Scatec Solar signs US$500 million deal to develop solar power in Vietnam
- Russia’s floating nuclear power plant follows in the footsteps of an Army barge
- Floating solar-powered PYRAMIDS will create a city of the future
- Giant Solar Power Plants Don't Need To Vaporize Birds
- French Development Agency funds EVN’s solar power project
- Gulf Group launches two solar projects in Vietnam