All primary school children will be offered the flu vaccine for the first time, ahead of what is expected to be a difficult outbreak this winter. Officials have expanded the vaccination programme to include all Year Six children, meaning an extra 600,000 children could be protected. Health leaders have repeatedly raised fears that the NHS faces a difficult flu season due to an unprecedented outbreak that has rocked Australia. Public Health England chiefs did not say the roll-out to children aged 10 and 11 was prompted over concerns of a similar situation in the UK this winter. Instead, it warned schoolchildren act as ‘super spreaders’ of flu and said uptake of the vaccine among youngsters is well below the target of 65 per cent. Children are given the vaccine in the form of a nasal spray by healthcare workers at school, with the consent of their parents. All primary school children will be offered the flu vaccine for the first time, ahead of what is expected to be a difficult outbreak this winter. Almost 293,000 flu cases have been recorded in Australia so far in 2019, with the outbreak beginning to take hold in March Last winter more than 4million primary… Read full this story
- Coronavirus latest news LIVE: Britain reaches rollout halfway point as 26.8 MILLION jabs given amid fears of fourth wave
- More than half of UK population has received first dose of Covid vaccine after figures showed 33.4m people have had jab
- Covid vaccine: Experts answer 17 biggest questions people have about jab
- HPV vaccine uptake languishing below target amid rising cancer rates
- Despite warnings, a flu season that wasn't
- Vaccinating children under 16: What are the safety concerns and is it necessary to do so?
- Across China: Inclusive education illuminates lives of children with Down Syndrome
- Hong Kong Flu And COVID: How 'No Lockdown' Harold Wilson Proved to Be Better PM Than Boris Johnson
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden to talk infrastructure amid border, voting controversies
- Here's how the flu vaccine is 'hatched' (hint: eggs are involved)
25MILLION people will be offered the flu jab this winter as ALL children in primary school are included in national scheme for first time amid fears huge outbreak from Australia is on the way to the UK have 325 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.