(Illustrative photo: UN Women) Yen Bai (VNA) – The northern mountainous province of Yen Bai on September 27 held a workshop to review the implementation of the project “Ending Violence against Children” (EVAC) which was launched in the province in 2016 for the period until 2020. The event was co-organised by the provincial Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs and the non-governmental organisation World Vision International in Vietnam. The EVAC project was implemented across 10 communes of Van Chan and Luc Yen districts of the province. After four years, the project fulfilled its four main targets which enable vulnerable groups, including children and young adults, to protect themselves, thus reducing the risks of child trafficking and violence. It also recorded progress in creating a safe environment for children. At the workshop, participants discussed child protection models, efforts to minimise systematic barriers in a bid to reduce violence against children, as well as measures to encourage the engagement of vulnerable groups and the building of a powerful community that creates a safe environment for children. Vice Director of the provincial department Nguyen Thi Thu Ha asked relevant agencies to join hands with local schools and arrange training courses in… Read full this story
- 5,000 people to perform Xoe folk dance for world record in Yen Bai
- Vice President presents gifts in Yen Bai province
- Schools to face inspections on child protection policies
- Bassingbourn woman shortlisted for child protection award
- Priest leaves to expand child protection role
- Calls for extra volunteers to work in social work charity’s child protection teams
- ISPCC: Online safety most important child-protection issue
- Scouting Ireland to report on child protection measures to Oireachtas committee
- Councils warn of £3bn child services black hole as thousands more children require protection
- How Do You Dress a Six-Year-Old to Protect Him From Sexual Abuse and Murder?
Yen Bai reviews child protection have 291 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.