The plant has a total capacity of 1,200MW, which will generate approximately 7.2 billion kWh annually to provide electricity for South Vietnam. The coal fired plant has a total investment of over VND36 trillion (US$1.54 billion) and is identified as one of the urgent projects under the Government’s national power plan for the 2011-2020 period. At the ceremony, Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh stated that the completion of the plant is the foundation on which to build Binh Thuan into a national energy centre, which is of great importance for the socio-economic development of the province as well as South Vietnam and the entire country. He noted that Vietnam has to generate an additional 5,000 – 6,000MW of electricity each year to serve socio-economic development. Therefore, he asked the Ministry of Industry and Trade and EVN to continue to mobilise capital, particularly from the private sector to implement power projects, contributing to ensuring stable supply of electricity for the nation. Construction of the Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant commenced in March 2014. The first turbine of the plan was put into commercial operation on December 6, 2017, and the second turbine began operation on March 31, 2018. The two… Read full this story
- A Nuclear Power Plant May Be Next for New Mexico
- Risks Associated With Nuclear Power Plants
- Public Citizen Warns of Terrorist Attack on Nuclear Power Plants
- Protection of Nuclear Power Plants
- Can Osama bin Laden Fly an Airliner Into a Nuclear Power Plant?
- Are Our Nuclear Power Plants Safe From Al Queda?
- Nuclear Power Plants a Target of OBL?
- Are Our Nuclear Power Plants in All 50-States Safe?
- Biggest Solar Power Plant in the World Opened in Germany
- US Military Installation Need Their Own Power Plants
Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant inaugurated have 277 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.