Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh attends the inauguration ceremony for Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant in Vinh Tan commune, Tuy Phong district, Binh Thuan province – Photo: VNA The plant has a total capacity of 1,200MW, which will generate approximately 7.2 billion kWh annually to provide electricity for South Vietnam. The coal fired plant has a total investment of over VND36 trillion (US$1.54 billion) and is identified as one of the urgent projects under the Government's national power plan for the 2011-2020 period. At the ceremony, Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh stated that the completion of the plant is the foundation on which to build Binh Thuan into a national energy centre, which is of great importance for the socio-economic development of the province as well as South Vietnam and the entire country. He noted that Vietnam has to generate an additional 5,000 – 6,000MW of electricity each year to serve socio-economic development. Therefore, he asked the Ministry of Industry and Trade and EVN to continue to mobilise capital, particularly from the private sector to implement power projects, contributing to ensuring stable supply of electricity for the nation. Construction of the Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant commenced in… Read full this story
- Final decision on proposed Burrillville power plant set for June
- Burrillville power plant hearings take place this week and next
- Study suggests phasing out 2 units at power plant
- State regulators reject proposed Burrillville power plant
- Does renewables pioneer Germany risk running out of power?
- $1M donation to Trump’s inaugural comes under scrutiny
- Report: Half the world’s power will come from renewables by 2050
- Cyber-strategy targets Russian power grids
- Plant Based and Organic Skin and Hair Treatment to Meet Demands
- Palestine opens solar plant to further energy independence
Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant inaugurated have 281 words, post on ven.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.