Ambassador Duong Chi Dung (C), Head of Vietnam’s Permanent Delegation to the UN, at the session (Source: VNA) Geneva (VNA) – Vietnam has contributed to building contents of draft resolutions of the 42nd session of the UN Human Right Council in Geneva, Switzerland, which closed on September 27. The Vietnamese delegation, led by Ambassador Duong Chi Dung, Head of Vietnam’s Permanent Delegation to the UN, participated in co-sponsoring many initiatives and building contents of resolutions, including the resolution on development rights; the resolution on the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration on women’ rights; the resolution on technical assistance in the field of human rights and the resolution on social security. Vietnam’s practical contributions helped to protect the country’s interests and consistent viewpoints in the spirit of dialogue and cooperation. During the three-week regular session, the UN Human Right Council adopted 37 resolutions and a Presidential Statement. Of the 37 resolutions, 25 were passed by consensus, while the remainders are passed by voting. Participants discussed many issues of human rights such as the right to access fresh water and sanitation, the impacts of unilateral sanctions on human rights, and modern forms of slavery. The council approved the routine periodic review… Read full this story
- Nikki Haley Accuses UN Human Rights Council of Anti-Israel Agenda
- Under Donald Trump, U.S. Becomes First Country to Leave U.N. Human Rights Council by Choice
- Report: U.S. May Quit United Nations Human Rights Council Next Monday
- Israeli Defense Minister: UN Human Rights Council a ‘Cheerleader for Terrorists’
- Netanyahu Slams ‘Irrelevant’ UN Human Rights Council Probe into Gaza Deaths
- What Is the U.N. Human Rights Council? U.S. Pulls Out Over 'Israel Bias'
- Russia Says U.S. Leaving Human Rights Council Has Made Its Work Much Easier
- US slams rights groups, says aided its withdrawal from UN Human Rights Council
- US withdrawal leaves vacuum at UN Human Rights council
- U.S. pulls out of U.N. human rights council for anti-Israel bias
Vietnam contributes to UN Human Right Council’s 42nd session have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.