– Chairwoman of the National Assembly (NA) Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan visited the
on September 29 as part of her trip to the country.
At the visit, the top legislator briefed on her activities in Laos so far, which included meetings with Lao Party General Secretary and President
and Prime Minister
, as well as a field trip to the construction site of the Lao National Assembly House – a gift of the Vietnamese Party, State and people to Laos.
She also informed embassy staff on Vietnam’s socio-economic development and the NA’s preparations for its upcoming 8th session in October.
Praising efforts of the embassy in fulfilling their missions tasked by the Party and State, Ngan said despite several difficulties, the embassy has made important contributions to boosting the Vietnam – Laos friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation across politics, economy-trade-investment, culture, education, and tourism, among others.
She affirmed that the Party and State always create favourable conditions for the operations of Vietnamese representative agencies overseas, including the embassy.
Amid the global and regional situation, Ngan recommended the embassy strengthen its citizen protection measures in terms of spiritual support, information supply and legal consultation.
She took the occasion to express her wish that Vietnamese enterprises operating in Laos will respect local law and cultural traditions, and make contributions to Laos’ socio-economic growth./.
- Vietnamese Embassy assists Vietnamese victims in Bangkok apartment fire
- Vietnamese expats in Czech Republic, Algeria celebrate Tet festival
- Lao officials praise Vietnamese voluntary soldiers, experts’ role
- Vietnam, Laos boost cooperation in trade-industry, energy, mining
- 57 years of Vietnam-Laos diplomatic ties in pictures
- Photo exhibition on Vietnamese volunteer soldiers in Laos
- Hanoi delegation concludes Australia visit
- Three Vietnamese fishing boats seized, 14 crew arrested in Gulf of Thailand
- Vietnamese goods introduced at int’l trade fair in South Africa
- UAE reopens embassy in Damascus, Syria